Founded about 1890, the Clark Bell Factory was one of the only brass founderies to establish itself on the banks of the canal.

It was morover, the only one to produce bells as well as the accessories necessary to make them ring.

The complex consisted of a two-storey red brick rectangular building with a flat roof, on a concrete sub-basement.

The brickwork was in the British style.
The factory utilized hydraulic [direct
water-driven] power; it was one of the oldest founderies existing along the canal.

The complex is no longer used in its original function; in any case it is typical of the industrial architecture at the end of the 19th century.


Read more about the future Museum

Click here to return to MachineCo.com